We went to our new ward last Sunday and there are 16 little kids in nursery and just 3 adults! Cohen seemed to do just fine when I left, but I may be staying in there if I don't get called first, just to help out. The ward seems like a great group of people with a lot of dentists and doctors, more laid back than the wards I have been in in Utah or visited in California. Our church building is nestled in a ton of foresty trees, it looks beautiful! I will have to get a picture this Sunday.
We have a date for our ultrasound finally! This Tuesday morning! I am feeling nervous and excited! I am not sure why I am nervous... not because I want one gender more than the other, but I think because it will seem real finally to be able to put a face to this baby. I have been feeling the baby move for a few weeks now, but I am still in awe that we are doing this all again! That there is an actual human being growing inside me, another person that isn't Cohen! That this is all real and we are half way done (maybe more if it shows up early like Cohen) and holy crap! I am going to be a mother of two! What will I do with myself? Scott and I lay in bed at night and can't wrap out heads around having another newborn. We laugh to ourselves knowing a small part of the chaos we are in for. Cohen also has a rude awakening coming his way... :)
I love the group of girls that are out here with us! We have so much fun together running places, going to the park or doing dinner together. I feel thankful for their support because this could be very lonely without them. Cohen has Dylan to play with everyday and a new playmate named Jack (15 months) that he just loves! They both live in our building (this is a BIG complex with lots of other couples in other areas). Jack laughs and laughs at Cohen and thinks everything he does is funny! Jack tries to keep up with Cohen and Dylan and watches what the big boys do and catches on quick! Cohen had a bath at Jack's last night after we had a lasgna dinner with all the girls and Jack splashed and splashed and Cohen didn't know what to think of it. They will have a blast in the pool this summer once it opens! Jack's mommy is Jessica and she is pregnant too and due in November so it's fun to share more similarities with others here!
Here are most of the boys in our group at dinner last night!
Jack, Cohen, Dylan, Brock
(There are a several new baby girls out here too and one other little boy that is almost a year.)
Jack, Cohen, Dylan, Brock
(There are a several new baby girls out here too and one other little boy that is almost a year.)
I haven't gotten to know the other mom's and wives too well yet, but look forward to hanging out with them all and having lots of fun all summer long! Speaking of summer, I finally saw some blue skies today and wore flip flops! It has been gloomy and rainy since we got here most everyday so it was fun to be outside at the playground and enjoy the sunshine, even though the clouds soon came to paint the sky gray.



2 comments:
You've made more friends in a new place in one week than I've made in a year! Wish I was as outgoing as you, that's why you are going to do so great over there. As for the ultrasound...I already know...
Jack looks like Cohen! lol
Post a Comment