Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Walden Pond

Last Friday we went with the Avery's to explore Walden Pond! We all piled in our car and Jen gave us some history about it as we drove.
The Basics: Walden Pond is in Concord, Massachusetts and is where Henry David Thoreau lived alone for two years in the mid 1800's to write...





















We had a lot of fun! It was a beautiful day, which was a relief since it has been so cloudy and rainy almost everyday since we have been here.
The sand was soft and the water was warm and perfect to play in! It was a last minute decision
for us to go so I brought what I could grab in under a minute, Cohen just played in his diaper without a swim suit which he didn't seem to mind. Cohen and Dylan had tons of fun together throwing sand back into the water and being adventurous!






















































3 comments:

The Avery Family said...

I'm jealous, I've always wanted to go there...especially in the fall. And what did I tell you...I get jealous when you talk about "the other Avery's"!! ;)

Jolynne said...

That place looks so pretty and green!

Unknown said...

You guys look so happy! :-D I love you and miss you and cant wait to come visit!!