I was just sitting here thinking about how long this year has seemed! I didn't get a Christmas Card out so I thought I would write a recap of our year on here!
January started out great with Scott's hard work paying off by becoming a general contractor and starting his own company Landmark General Contracting! I had gone back to work for my mom helping her run her company after Cohen was born and was really excited to be a full time stay at home mom from this point on! I was sad to leave a job I enjoyed, but so excited to be able to give my full attention to the baby I had wanted so badly and waited so long for! Cohen was already six months old and growing fast!
February looked pretty uneventful as far as my blog posts went, but I am sure we had some exciting events that took place and I just can't remember... I am sure Scott was busy working and I was still getting up a couple times a night with Cohen and my days were filled with keeping Cohen fed, changed and happy! Which at times, well most of the time, is exhausting!
In March, we had fun having a bonfire up the canyon and roasting marshmallows with Cohen and celebrating his first Easter!
In April, Oprah's show on puppy mills inspired me to adopted a dog from an animal shelter. After research and only a couple days of searching we found our little Lilly and added her to our family! Cohen and Izzy were "thrilled". She has turned out to be a great dog and we are so happy to have her! Cohen also turned ten months old and FINALLY started sleeping ALL THE WAY through the night (10 hours), then became sick and abruptly ended that! He was also busy doing the "Cohen Shuffle" at this point. Scott also turned 27 at the beginning of the month!
In May, Cohen got moving and cruising with crawling and walking while holding on to his toy! I took Cohen swimming for the first time and Scott was looking into a new venture with property preservation. Cohen was waking up extremely early every morning, but was sleeping straight through the night. It was a great month and I was really enjoying being a mommy! I also celebrated my first Mother's Day!
In June, we celebrated Cohen's 1st Birthday where we had a big bug themed party at the park! He also had his first hair cut and was weaned this month. We took a trip to the Ranch in Capital Reef for Memorial Day weekend too! At the end of June I was so excited to find out I was pregnant again! We also welcomed Scott's sister's fourth baby girl into the family at the end of the month!
July brought celebration with the 4th of July and my first 5k and sadness with our 4th miscarriage. We were so excited to be pregnant with the thought of having a new baby the first of March, but things ended around the 7th week. Cohen also started walking and talking this month!
In August, we took Cohen on our first family camping trip and had so much fun! I also finished the Twilight series and loved it!
In September, I took Cohen boating on Deer Creek, we got our new (new to us) Pilot, we landscaped our front yard and we took Cohen on his first trip to the Zoo!
In October, spent some time up Nebo canyon and took another trip to the Ranch enjoying Conference weekend! I found out I was pregnant and spent most of October staying down a lot and crossing my fingers and toes. I turned 25 and Scott and I went away for the a night to Park City without Cohen for the first time. We celebrated Halloween with my family, Cohen dressed up as a little blue monster!
November was hard... we lost our baby, fifth miscarriage, even after seeing the heartbeat and that everything was fine on ultrasound just two weeks before. I met with my OBGYN, no answers. Looked into a natural hormone replacement clinic and have been doing blood tests that have shown some interesting and hopeful results. Started supplements. Went and saw the Trans-Siberian Orchestra and loved it! We went on a road trip to California for Thanksgiving and had so much fun with Scott's family! We went to the beach a couple times, to Disneyland and of course had Thanksgiving dinner at Grandma Green's!
In December, Scott went to Dallas, Texas to look into a Security System Company (keeping his options open with this crazy economy). We had fun enjoying the Christmas season by looking at Christmas lights and spending lots of time with our family and friends! Cohen turned 18 months and is a sweet, sensitive little boy that loves to scream and push the limits! We spend Christmas Eve at my mom's and slept over! Christmas this year with Cohen was so magical and he got spoiled! We spent lots of time with Scott's family as well while they were here visiting and staying with his sister Michelle! We loved playing Guitar Hero and going to movies with them! December was a wonderful month and a great way to end the year!
We look forward to what 2009 holds! We have many hopes and possibilities for this coming year! Whatever happens we just hope that we are lucky enough to spend lots of time with our loved ones creating memories like we did this past year. I am sure we will have trials and many blessings ahead and I look forward to our life!
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment