Friday, March 13, 2009

19, 20 and 21 months old!

Dear Cohen,
There are some huge things coming up in the near future so I thought I should let you in on what is happening with out family right now! In your last newsletter I mentioned us possibly moving to California permanently, but instead we are now moving to Boston temporally! We move this next month and will be celebrating your second birthday there! It will be a very exciting adventure for our family and we are looking forward to experiencing new things with you!
In even bigger news than moving across the country, once we return from Boston we will be adding another member to the family! That's right, you're going to be a big brother! Our new baby is coming this September!
I am so excited to experience the craziness, miracle and joy of being a parent again. I can't explain how rewarding and exciting it has been watching you grow into a little boy! You have a wonderful and fun personality that is showing more and more all the time.
You love to run through the house, laughing all the way especially when you have shoes on which brings me to your first love...
You love shoes, I would actually go as far as calling a SHOE OBSESSION! You wear anyone and everyone's shoes from my black high heels with bows on them, grandma's shoes, crocks, church shoes, and slippers, to your daddy's cowboy boots from when he was little. One afternoon I was trying to put you down for a nap and as I changed your diaper I removed your boots and you had a huge Cohen sized fit! So, once I got your pants back on, they boots immediately followed. You fell asleep with them on and I had to take pictures!You love our dogs, but seem annoyed with their existence at the same time. You don't only play in their water when you get a chance, you will actually eat their dog food and any dog treats you can get your hands on! YUCK! Needless to say, I moved the food and water outside. You love to get a dog toy or anything that they may be interested in and run through the house holding it tight while they chase after you trying to retrieve it. I think I have heard you laugh out loud more at the dogs than anything else!You love music and art, especially water coloring. You loath getting your diaper changed and getting dressed still. I have even tried making it a positive thing with special stickers or treats, but you still act like it is complete torture almost each and every time! You love bubble baths, but also hate the part that comes after, getting dressed. You try to escape and streak through the house. You run to the front door like you may be able to book it to Grandma's and a couple times as I tried to give you some personal nude time you peed all over the side of our couch!
A few months ago you were already doing really well with saying lots of new words and I can tell you are a very smart boy, but you have decided that talking is overrated and that screaming is more efficient. I try to encourage you to use words, especially ones I have already heard you say (25+ words) especially since I know you can, but most of the time you just stick with Dad, Meme and baby (which is your newest!). You do love doing sign language and get excited when we learn something new so I am going to try to encourage that more as well. You seem to get frantically frustrated extremely quickly, I know it will help once we can communicate better.You have grown a strong love for movies (fortunately and unfortunately) throughout this long winter of staying indoors. Your current favorite is The Incredibles. Your first favorite was Nemo, then Monsters Inc., Ice Age, Madagascar (which I hope to never see again because we have watched it so many times, but I was sick with morning sickness a lot so maybe that is why I don't like the thought of it) and you are starting to like the Disney Classics like Peter Pan. You will sit in front of our movie cabinet and pull movies out and look at each case and open them and read the inserts like its a book. When you get your heart set on watching a specific movie, it is hard to detour you. But there is one thing that you love more than shoes, movies and water coloring! Being outside! You would spend every moment playing in the dirt if possible. Another thing you love when you are outside is spending time inside the car. You climb all over, pushing buttons and looking at yourself in the mirror, opening and closing the DVD player, peeking out the sunroof, etc. It is pretty hard to lure you from the magnificence of our Honda.You go to bed pretty late now, around 10 pm. But you don't wake up before the sun, so I am happy! You sleep until 7:30 or 8 and take about a 3 hour long nap (which you are napping right now and almost to the 3 hour mark)! Your naps are great, so I am not going to complain, but I do need more sleep right now and since I have been even more sick in the evenings and at night it has been hard for me to sleep so 8 am still seems early when I haven't slept much. Sometimes you will get up with your Daddy and hang out while he gets ready for work and I sleep a little more. A few times I have woken up to your sweet baby hand on my face where you would stroke my cheek then head out of the room, closing the door behind you! The thought of every little moment I get to share with you like this fills me with emotion of how wonderful it is to have you in my life.It makes me think of all the nights where I have put you down to bed and after reading books and saying a prayer, we cuddle and I hold you and hug you and squeeze your sweet baby thighs. I don't ever want to let go because before I know it, you will be too big to hold like that and the thought of giving me kisses on the lips, or kisses at all, will gross you out. You will press your baby nose against mine and wrap your arms around my head and mush our faces together and I think about how I love nothing more than these moments. Nothing can bring me pure happiness the way you can...

I Love You,
Mama

No comments: