So we packed up and headed to Park City on Friday night with our little Cohen, excited to get away for a night of pizza, swimming, movies in bed and fun.
We checked in and had the smaller (normal sized) room this time. As we were unloading we realized we (I) forgot the porta-crib! Well, we would just let the little restless sleeper sleep in between us and hopefully get some actual sleeping in.
When we got to the room Cohen was really really whiny because he didn't have much of a nap that day so we ordered pizza and kept him busy until it was time to head up to the floor to get it. We passed the pool on the way and it looked like it was closed for service but they said it would reopen in an hour and a half. So we got our pizza and went back to the room and hung out and ran around the cubical for the next hour and then got into our swim suits. I was excited to take Cohen swimming to wear him out! I called down to the front desk and they informed me that the pool would actually be closed the rest of the night for maintenance! AHHH! We had two plus hours until he would hopefully go to sleep and who knows if he will sleep with us, and nothing to do so we called the front desk back and told them that was the reason for our stay was to swim with our son. I told them we would prefer to check out and use our prepaid night another time. Reluctantly, they let us.
So we drove home in time to put Cohen down in his own bed. The frustration and let down of the night went along with the rest of the week before, but then I thought that maybe there is a reason it all turned out like it did. Maybe something would have happened if we had stayed, something worse than just a pool being closed and a grumpy child with out a crib. I like to understand most everything that goes on around me so when I don't have an answer it drives me insane. Even when we watch a movie I always have lots of questions and Scott just tells me not to worry about it if he doesn't have the answer.
We were passing through Heber and came so close to hitting a cat that I about had a heart attack. After that I, for some reason, started thinking about how sometimes the annoyances and road blocks in life could actually be protecting us from harder trials. That they may be blessings in disguise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment