Friday, November 14, 2008

!!!Trans-Siberian Orchestra!!!

So I got another chance to blog...

Last night Scott and I went to the
It was so so amazing! We went with my mom and Kay, my two sisters, Missy and Chantelle and two of my mom's friends. We also went to dinner before hand.
This was the first time we left Cohen with a babysitter to feed him dinner and put him down and everything and he did great! We really liked the girl who my sister-in-law Michelle referred from her ward, Megan. It is really nice to have someone you feel comfortable leaving your most precious "possession" with. We have left him with my mom and sister, but it is nice to not have to bug my family when we want to go out.
Anyway, the show, like I said, is completely amazing! My mom went to it last year and kept raving about it and said if anyone is ever going to see a concert, this is the show to see!
The first half went a little slow because they tell a Christmas story, but the last half I could barely sit still, well I didn't sit still! I just wanted to dance and bounce all over to the incredible festive music! These people are so of the best musicians in the world, you can feel like excitement and passion in what they do and it makes you want to run out and buy an electric violin and play your heart away! Although, with my experience with piano and guitar lessons, I never really stuck to it... I still have my guitar.
Anyway, there is also a fabulous (I got sick of saying incredible and amazing) light and FIRE show that plays up the beats.
Click here for a small taste Trans-Siberian Orchestra
Before dinner we had parked in a lot next to the restaurant and across the street from the E Center. After the show we booked it out of the building hoping to beat traffic to get home by 11pm for Megan.
(WARNING: RANT AHEAD)
Well, we didn't notice the tiny signs clear up on the polls, spaced far apart in the dark that said "Hotel Parking Only". We ran when we saw people towing the car next to ours. We went to hop in our car for a quick get away when the towing guy shouted that we had a boot on our car! We didn't see a boot, but he said, "It's there!" It was ONE HUNDRED AND TEN freaking dollars CASH to remove the "boot." "Conveniently" there was an ATM on the other side of the building so Scott ran around to get the money. ATMs only give $20 dollar bills, nothing smaller and again "conveniently" A+ Towing doesn't carry change either. So Scott and I by this time are extremely annoyed about the cost, the delay and how rude the idiots from A+ Towing were. They guy takes his sweet time writing out a receipt, gladly takes the extra ten dollars and then walks around the car and says we can go. Scott just about flipped a lit when he realized the liar had never even gotten around to actually booting our car. The guys completely lied about it being there and when we confronted them about it the owner said he had already removed it! We had all been standing right there and no one had removed anything. Kay and my mom came over and talked to them with us and gave them a 10 so we could at least get our 20 back. Kay is the former Utah County Distric Attorney and he was trying to talk to them about the situation, but the owner just lied right to Kay's face and said he did actually remove the boot. We told them they are running a dishonest business and they will be hearing from us.
We understand that we were in the wrong about parking there, but they were sleezy and dishonest in their actions. I don't know if we will be able to do anything about it, but I feel better that we got out 10 bucks back, I didn't want to give them a penny more than I had too. The entire thing kind of took away the Christmas spirit we were feeling, but now I feel all excited about the upcoming holidays so they couldn't take that away from us permanently! :)
So, to make a short story long, we finally got home at midnight.
Since we didn't do anything for our very special 5 year anniversary we considered that our celebration night. We are also going back to Park City tonight, with Cohen this time! I am excited to take him swimming! Hopefully he likes it more this time than he did last...

Also, one more thing! I just want to say how FREAKING EXCITED I am for TWILIGHT the movie! It is coming out in just one week from now! I have been rereading the book in preperation (which will sound completely weird and obsessive to anyone who isn't a Twilight fan) and cannot wait!!!

2 comments:

Coley said...

Doran didn't like swimming until recently, but I am just glad he warmed up to it at all. It isn't at all wierd that you are rereading Twilight or maybe it is but I don't think so since I do it to!

Michelle said...

I'm still jealous you guys got to go to that concert! Sweet!!!