Friday, September 26, 2008

Boating on Deer Creek

At the beginning of September we went boating for a couple of hours!
I think this is the first time I have been boating on this lake since my boating accident in high school. I hit the metal railing in the front of the boat with the left side of my face really hard and it bruised and chipped my cheekbone, loosened my teeth, bruised my jaw and broke the capillaries in my eye so it was blood red for weeks. (I wonder where that picture is... I will post it if I can find it.) My left cheekbone still has an indention that most people think is a dimple.
This was also Cohen's first time out on a boat!
We celebrated Kay's 18th, (I mean 60 something) birthday!

Cohen just chillin' with the birthday boy, Papap Kay!
Cohen strongly disliked the life jacket, surprise, surprise! He doesn't like anything that is restricting in anyway under any terms. Here he is trying to scream loud enough in hopes that it will break the sound barrier that will rip apart the straps to free himself!
Even though it looks like he was miserable the entire time, he really did have fun! I was hesitant because Cohen has a funny reaction to wind... as soon as it touches his face, he holds his breath and acts like he can't breath. It has gotten better and as long as I was holding him and had my back to the wind, he seemed to enjoy the ride.
He especially loved feeding the seagulls Doritos.
The lifejacket took over his face! Or were his cheeks just too big?I think I see this look at least 10,000 times per day...
We got off the boat just in time, it started pouring rain as we got in our car. We had a lot of fun and were sad that Scott couldn't be with us. He was busy working hard on building his company! Good work, Daddy! We love you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun. You look to cute to be out boating. I love the big cheeks picture.

Bensons said...

You are so beautiful Alicia! Makes me jealous! ;) Cohen is just the most adorable little boy! What a cute and fun family you have!

-Kristina

Coley said...

I remember your eye at the start of senior year! It was bright red but everything else had healed. He sure is cute. You look awesome too!