Monday, June 30, 2008

Weaning and first hair cut!

This last weekend I nursed Cohen for the last time, he is now completely weaned! To my relief it went a lot smoother than I thought it would! It is really bitter sweet because now he is completely his own person. He doesn't need me the way he use to. For the past year I haven't left his side for more than three hours tops (since he never took a bottle). Since I started weaning him I have enjoyed the new freedom with being able to go to dinner with my girlfriends and shopping trips with my mom. It has been good for Scott as well, I think he has enjoyed being able to comfort Cohen when I am not around and this has definitely brought them closer. Cohen just loves his daddy and is so excited when he comes home from work!
Cohen also got his first haircut today! This morning my friend Jen offered to trim it up, this was something I have been wanting to do for a couple months now. He was getting a mean mullet! And it wasn't an ordinary mullet, it was all uneven and just long on the sides and the center was shorter. I was so worried about making it look worse that I hadn't tried it myself. He looks so cute (well it looks messy in the picture above, but it looks cute when it's done!) My baby is growing up so fast! Time for another one, I guess... :)

3 comments:

Coley said...

It surprised me how emotionally hard it was. I had to go cold turkey on weaning Doran because I found out I was pregnant with Brock. It was hard on both me and Doran I think.

Melissa Davis said...

I was so nervous to even start weaning Laila. I too thought it was going to be so much harder than it really was. Laila was 22 months when I weaned her, I know most people thought she was to old to still be nursing but it was the right decision for us, so I didn't care what they thought.

The Chris Tippets Family said...

I can't beleive how fast he has grown up. What a cutie. We need to get together and hang out sometime. And yes, it is definately time for another one (you are such a cute mom.