Sunday, October 26, 2008

I turned 25!!! Happy Birthday to me! :)

The weekend before my 25th Birthday (October 10th) Scott and I had a night of our very own in Park City! This is the first time we have gone away together since Cohen was born 16 months ago. Needless to say, we were so excited!
I did have a hard time leaving Cohen and when we dropped him off to Kay, who was keeping him until my mom was finished with work, I cried and actually had second thoughts about going. As we drove off I cried more and Scott being the supportive husband that he is just told me that is was okay to cry if I needed. I think that is something he learned throughout our years of miscarriages. But as we drove to Park City I got so excited about actually having time to ourselves!
Here we are at dinner at the Westgate Grill!
We stayed at the Westgate Resort and had the nicest room! It had a full kitchen...
Upstairs game room overlooking the family room with a fireplace...
"Hi SCOTT!"
King sized bed with a double jetted tub and steam shower...
And to our surprise, out on the balcony was our own private hot tub!
Here is Scott waiting for me to join him! :)
Relaxing watching Seinfeld in our "robes" (say it with your nose in the air.)
We were so excited to wake up the next morning to the first snow fall of the season! It was so romantic snuggling in bed together watching it out our window! (Insert GAG noises here when it applies! :)) Everyone in Park City was ecstatic about it... (the snow, not our romanticness). Scott and I had some reservations...
Lick it! Lick it!
I felt the need to wear my combat boots!
Later that morning we reluctantly checked out of our retreat and headed to Main Street for some lunch!
We ate at a delicious pizza place.
Lemons! I love lemons!
Here is my wonderful husband wondering why his wife subjects him to pictures everywhere he goes... "IT'S FOR THE BLOG!" I tell him.
We stopped at the Love Your Pet Bakery and Boutique and I fell in love with their pets! They have four HUGE Newfoundland dogs that were so sweet and gentle and and made my dogs look like rats with the same type of spazy energy as rodents, especially Lilly!
One day I want a huge dog that I can use as a pillow! Or a horse in this case!
The longer we were in Park City the longer we wanted to stay and play and just be together. We ended up coming home anyway and were very excited to see our sweet baby waiting for us at his Grandmommy's! Thanks Mom for keeping him! You can anytime!

Here are a couple pics from my birthday! (October 13th)
Scott took me out to breakfast at Mimi's Cafe (YUM!) and then I spent the afternoon shopping with my mom! That night all my family went out without the kids (Rocky and Megan kept Cohen for us, thanks again!!!) to PF Changs. Then for dessert we grabbed Cohen and went back to Kay's house!
My mom's boyfriend makes the best apple pie! I requested it for my birthday and he was sweet enough to slave all day and make it! Thanks Kay!
Happy 25th Birthday to ME!!!
Weird... I am old! I still feel the age I was when Scott and I first met... 19!
Cohen loved the ice cream! He just slurped it right up!
I had a great birthday and I am sure this will be a great year as well!!!

8 comments:

The Chris Tippets Family said...

Happy Birthday!! I'm glad you guys got away for a night. As much has we love our babies; having a break from them just makes us love them even more.

Heidi said...

I'm so jealous! I want to go on a vacation without kids! Russ and I haven't had a night without kids since Brielle was born....almost three years ago. And I might be even more jealous of that apple pie!

Michelle said...

Yay! I'm glad you had a good birthday!!! I'm jealous of your little retreat!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I am glad you got to get away it looks like you had so much fun. You look so cute in your fun winter clothes. Last night was fun can't wait until we all get together again.

Chance & Leslee Lundgren said...

That looks like you guys had a blast! Which I know you deserve! :)

Chelsea said...

Happy Birthday, looks like you had a fun day- You are too cute

Cori Carpenter said...

Happy Birthday!!! I have the hardest time keeping up with all of the cousin's birthdays! I am glad you two were able to spend some time together... it's so important! It sounds like you had a great time!

Steph said...

What a great getaway for your birthday! I'm jealous!