Saturday, August 16, 2008

Updated! Finally!

I am not generally this lazy about updating our blog! I am so far behind! I have a 12, 13 and 14 month newsletter to write for Cohen that has been haunting me each month that passes. Hopefully I will get to that soon, but for now I wanted to give a "brief" (or I guess my version of brief) update on our current doctors appointment.
We met with my doctor a couple weeks ago and he still didn't have much insight for us. We discussed a theory I had and a couple other questions, but when it came down to it he felt that we have done everything we can, but he said he would double check with the specialist he knows about our specific situation. I was at peace with not doing any further testing because in most cases even if we figured it out, which would be unlikely, we wouldn't be able to do anything about it. When I talked to his nurse a couple weeks later she gave me some information to refer us to the specialist he spoke with. My doctor was out of the office so I am unsure why he thinks it will be worth our time and money to go see this specialist when he had said differently before. So I called and made an appointment for now with the specialist, who is in Centerville, and my appointment is at the end of October. That will give me time to talk to my doctor about the specifics when he is back in the office and to figure out if this is the path I want to go. It almost feels like opening a can of worms because I highly doubt anything will be figured out and I don't know if I want to put myself through more testing, hoping, the unknown, etc. I am leaning towards canceling the appointment, moving forward, keep trying and hope for the best. Thanks so much to everyone who commented, for your thoughts, prayers and support! It means the world to us and it REALLY helps!!! We love you!

Another reason I have been lazy about my blog updating is because I have been engrossed in the fourth book of Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series, Breaking Dawn (who hasn't been reading it?)! I had a hard time putting it down! I made the 750+ page book drag on as long as possible, but I still finished it within one week. I was trying to be disciplined about it and clean and take care of Cohen and Scott BEFORE picking up the book each day so some days I only got to read a chapter. Anyway, I really loved it and I want MORE! I hate how the last page says THE END! :)

A couple weeks ago we took Cohen on his first camping trip up to Provo Canyon! We had so much fun and Cohen did a lot better than we thought he would! Here is our awesome camping sight. (Cohen looks so small!)You give this kid a stick and some dirt and he plays longer than he does with any toy money can buy!
We made delicious tin foil dinners and dutch over peach cobbler with raspberries and ice cream! Oh, YUMMY!!! This is why I love camping... I didn't get a picture of the dinners because I ate it before I could think about anything else. (My mom, my step dad Kay and my nephew Kaden came up for dinner and hung out with us for a couple hours as well. It was so fun having them hang out with us for a while!)
Hanging around the fire roasting marshmallows!It was freezing the next morning so we bundled up Cohen with many layers! Look at those CHEEKS! Squeeze!Scott did one of the many things he does best and made a killer breakfast! Pancakes, eggs, bacon and fruit.I love camping and we hope to go again before it is too cold! It seems like fall is already sneaking up!!!

3 comments:

Coley said...

That is so fun that you guys went camping! I have wanted to take DOran and I know he would love it but withBrock I think it would be to hard. Maybe next year! I am glad you loved Breaking Dawn too. I read online that people hated it and I was shcoked! I thought it was perfect!

Michelle said...

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun!! Camping is definately not my forte, but I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves!! Good luck with everything!

nicopesci said...

Hey Alicia, I saw your blog link on myspace and just read up on what's been happening.

I'm really proud of the way you guys are handling this; I can't even imagine how difficult it must be but at the same time, it must make you even that much more grateful for the bundle of joy you already have.

Any way, I hope you guys continue to be blessed and that all goes well.