Wednesday, February 13, 2008

8 Months Old!

Dear Cohen,

Today you turned 8 months old! This month you have discovered how you can use your voice to scream! You shriek at the top of your lungs while you play, to show how disgusted you are when I take an object you still want away or whenever I am talking on the phone and you want my undivided attention. You also throw your body about when you aren't getting you way... I was mistaken to think this wasn't suppose to start until you turned two, but now some of your temper-tantrums could beat out the best of the two year olds.
You get an award for being the cutest clapper ever! You now spread your fingers apart and clap your chubby little hands together all throughout the day and it is one of my most favorite things you do!
You have just discovered a love for Elmo! You grin, giggle and coo when you see and hear Elmo's cute little voice. You are also very fascinated by the Baby Einstein videos when they include the puppets, you become completely consumed and smile as they moved about. As much as you would love to watch Elmo and the puppets all day, I try and give you plenty of time on the floor teaching you how to get up on your hands and knees, which you are getting pretty good at! You rock back and forth unsure about what to do next. We also go through almost every book we have each and everyday, sometimes twice. You love to play with your toys, using kitchen spoons and whisks to make a drum set out of anything plastic. You especially love Izzy and how she is so good about sharing her toys with you, (yuck!)
I love hearing your sweet baby giggle and watching your little chubby hands clap together whenever you get excited. You love to be thrown into the air, hung upside down or tickled all over. You sit up really well now and love to play with all of your toys. You get to your stomach from a sitting position on your own pretty well now too!
You have finally realized that I don't poison the baby food I offer you and just the other night you ate most of a container of green beans. Foods that you have tried and actually liked are pickles, nectarines, avocado, bread, crackers, bananas, prunes and squash. You are also going down for naps and at night better, but now you have decided to start your day before the sun even begins to rise! 6 AM is not a reasonable hour to make your mommy get up and entertain you, in case you didn't know. At least you are only getting up once or not at all since becoming an extremely early riser. Eventually we will figure out what to do with you and the sleeping situation...
This month you got your very first tooth! Your second one was right behind it, so you now have two tiny sharp baby teeth right up front on the bottom row. It is so adorable! We got you your very first tooth brush that you love to use.

You love playing with your Grandmommy and really enjoy how she dances and sings for you and does just about anything else she can think of to get you to laugh!Today I was folding your laundry while we were in your bedroom. You were playing in your crib and for some reason you were so excited and you were rolling around and arching your back giggling and laughing out loud and squealing! I just had to stop folding the shirt I had in my hands and play with you!
As hard as it can be to constantly meet all of your needs and be everything I want to be for you, I can't imagine or would want it any other way! You make each day so bright and full of love and fun! I know each of these letters to you has ended with lots of mooshiness about how much I love you, but I don't know how else to end it when I feel like I could hug and kiss you all day long if you would let me! I love you my baby!

Love, Mama

4 comments:

Cori Carpenter said...

This is such a cute idea! I wish I kept better track of the cute little things Indi used to do! They truly grow up so fast! I can't believe how big he is getting! He is adorable!

mckell said...

He just get's more adorable! He has such pretty blue eyes, I don't know why I haven't noticed before.
I am doing 2 scentsy parties next week that you are more than welcome to come to. Just email me and give me your address so I can send you an invite...cassiemckell@juno.com
You could also have a scentsy party, that way you could get discounted and free stuff. Let me know!

Nicole & Andrew Maples said...

dang he is cute. we need to get these kids together sometime. too bad we live so far away now, but if you ever would like to come to las vegas, just know you have a place to stay!

Chelsea said...

Oh he is just the cutest and growing up so fast! Seeing your pics gets me excited