Monday, January 28, 2008

Remembering President Gordon B. Hinckley


Since I found out last night about President Hinckley's passing, I have been thinking more about what it will be like after this life and how he was the only President of the LDS Church that I really have known since being a member.
At first I was sad to hear about it and then I thought about what he might be doing right then and how he was probably celebrating the reunion of his wife that he seemed to miss so much. In reality, it truly is a celebration rather than a grievance. I want to honor his life by remembering how much his influence has changed my life for the better.
I feel like I have a lot of growing to do and since last night I have had a stronger desire to do the things that help me to feel closer to our Heavenly Father. I started the Book of Mormon from the beginning before bed to represent to myself a new start for the year.
While here on earth President Hinckley made a positive difference for countless people and even in passing he helped me to grow spiritually. I am thankful to have the church in my life, I feel like I don't talk or think about it enough. I am grateful for his life and how even in death, he reminded me of what is truly important.
Scott and I are REALLY going to miss President Hinckley as our prophet of the church, but are happy for him that he lead such an inspiring and amazing life throughout all his 97 years.

No comments: