Last night we went hiking to Stewart Falls with Jen, Carter and Dylan, who are some of our best friends. (It was weird doing this hike because the last time Scott and I were up there was the week that he proposed to me over four years ago.) This hike was the first real exercise I have done since having the baby almost 10 weeks ago. In the beginning I decided I wanted to carry Cohen in the Baby Bjorn and the extra 13+ pounds about KILLED me and we stopped mid hike and traded backpacks. After that Jen only had to push me up the steep slope once (OK maybe twice). Cohen was awake for a little while and seemed to enjoy the view until he fell asleep again from the swaying motion. That was the first time he stayed awake in the carrier long enough to see where we were. I was really happy when we got to the waterfall! It was so beautiful and relaxing to be in the middle of the Wasatch mountains (and out of the house). We rested by the waterfall for about an hour and fed the babies and ourselves and took a few pictures. By the time we headed back it was dark and I used the poor excuse for a flashlight that we have to see. I don't have good night vision and the whole way back I was praying I wouldn't twist my ankle and fall into the rocky stream down hill from me. Well, I didn't and the animal that we heard snorting/growling in the bushes didn't end up killing us either. I feel pretty lucky to have made it home alive. We think we will do it again next month!
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment