I have been thinking a lot about my Scotty today. We "celebrated" our 6th anniversary at the beginning of November. (I say "celebrated" because with a toddler and a new baby and no money we didn't get a chance to do as much for or with one another as we would have liked.) Scott got creative and built me a beautiful wood shelf for our front room, (I had been wanting to get the electronics up on the wall for months so Cohen couldn't jam 4 dvds into the WII again!) We also went to dinner ALONE (Woohoo!) and once we got the kids to sleep we got to spend some more time together. The year before, our 5th anniversary, was over shadowed by our 5th miscarriage that we were in the middle of going through at the time.
I guess this year I don't want to celebrate us only on our anniversary (because that doesn't always happen :)). I want to celebrate us each and every day!
With two kids, dogs, jobs, cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping, bills to pay, laundry and spot cleaning to do, bath time, bedtime, nursing, diaper changes, entertaining kiddos, outside responsibilities, etc I feel we have gotten lost in it all. I think back to the 3+ years we had just as a couple before our little Cohen came to us and miss the constant cuddling, kisses and dates (since every night was a date night!).
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my babies and all that comes with our life, but this New Year I want to concentrate more on why we started this family in the first place. Because of the love and the dreams that we share! I want to put more emphasis on US. I think there always is a learning curve after you have a baby (be it your first, second and so on) where it takes some time to get back in the groove of even making time for yourself and each other as a couple. So now that we are feeling more settled with our little guys it is time for some hot date nights for me and my love!
(Anyone want to swap children to avoid babysitting fees? :))
I can't wait for Scott to come home at the end of the work day, be it 5 or 10 pm. So much of the time I am wrapped up in poopy diapers, sticky messes and still needing to finish cooking dinner (or shower :)) that I don't get to wrap my arms tightly around the man I love and want to be with forever and tell him welcome home. (We do all celebrate by saying "Daddy's home, Yeah for Dad!" as Cohen runs for hugs.) I guess I am just feeling so lucky to have him as my husband and best friend that I miss him and want him to myself more. He has been working a ton so I think that is what has brought on these feelings of longing for my honey...
So this New Year I want to try harder to let go of the dirty dishes and screaming in the back ground and live in the moment and enjoy all that I have been given by marrying such an amazing man.
Scotty,
Thank you for the unconditionally loving support, for continually encouraging me, for your willingness to work so so hard to keep things afloat, for being a great example and loving father, for helping me keep things undercontrol (especially when I get overwhelmed), for the sweet texts throughout the day, for always loving anything and everything I cook, for being excited to come home after work, for remembering the trash cans, for the support and love you show to my family and yours and others, for your love of the gospel, our savior and our Father in Heaven, for taking me to the temple to be sealed together forever and for each and every kiss you have given and will give me.
I am so in love with you my sweetheart! Thank you for our life together...
Happy 6 years, 2 months and 7th day Anniversary!!! :)
Love, Me
Friday, January 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
You are so cute! That was such a sweet post. If you ever need a baby sitter call me!! I have thought about the same thing lately. For Christmas I gave Kevin 12 Daytz for Christmas. which is each month I planned something for just the two of us to do. He loved it and I am excited to do some fun things with him this year. If you want more info I can get it to you.
Now for us we need to hang out!! Lets try and get together soon. If you guys aren't busy a day this week you should come over for lunch. Call me, Ishould have my phone up and running tomorrow (I haven't had one for the past 3 months.) Talk to tou soon!
Dear Roger,
Who are you???
Is that Kristen? :) I know a couple Kevins so I am confused...
Me
Yikes! do you have someone random posting on your blog? Eeek.
Well, anyway, I LOVED this entry. You're right. It's easy to let everything else rule your life without taking time as a couple. Reg and I went on our first date in about 3 months this week and it was SO great!! It made us realize how important it is to spend time together-alone-to strengthen our relationship. Too bad we're not there or we would totally do babysitting swapping with you. That would be perfect! Oh well. . .next year maybe?
That was a sweet post! Also, I loved the year in review and the darling christmas and Blessing pics and posts! Your boys are just so cute! What fun you must have at your house!
Sorry Alicia, yes it is kristen. My brother in law must have been on here. Sorry!
I am so glad you posted this because I totally know how how you feel! I need to take the time to be sweet to my sweetheart too!! Thank you and hope you had a wondergreat anniversary!!!
That last comment was from me, not Jared:) ha ha mom brain
AWWWWWWW!
Post a Comment