I haven't done an update on my pregnancy like I have wanted in a long time (since 4 months)! I don't have a pregnancy journal like I did with Cohen, so I want to write some things down so I don't forget!
I started to feel the first kicks at about 17 weeks and didn't have much of an appetite until after 20 weeks. I had a lot of round ligament pain from early on until 20+ weeks and now my entire body just hurts. I don't remember having this many aches with Cohen (it probably has a lot to do with lifting a 30+ pound toddler all day on top of being pregnant)! I feel like I am falling apart already and I am only 32 weeks! I have gained about 15 pounds so far, but feel like I have gained 50! My hips, joints, tail bone, back, legs and feet hurt and occasionally my head. I have been having braxton hicks contractions off and on since about 25 weeks (especially during the move back and the weeks following, they have calmed down since). I also get shooting pains straight up the front on my stomach, especially when I am more active (it feeling like my skin in burning or tearing!). I don't sleep very well anymore, I'm restless and I get up a few times a night to use the bathroom and I change positions at least 30 times trying to stop my hips from aching. I have all day and night acid reflux so I try to sleep sitting up which doesn't work since I am a side sleeper. I already waddle like a penguin and lean to the left a lot because this little boy LOVES having his feet pressed against or under my right ribs! It is the strangest feeling! I love watching him shift his limbs and body, making my belly dance in waves. He also has been getting the hiccups often and I just love feeling it!
I am so excited to meet this sweet little one and to experience life with him. I am anxious, but feel content that I have about another month or so until he is here. He is safe inside and even with the pains of pregnancy I know how much work it will be when he arrives so I am just going to enjoy it all until his birthday!
We are pretty sure we have picked his name, but we are waiting to announce it until after he is here (I want to make sure it fits, plus it will be a fun surprise!)
I want to remember how freakin' awesome Scott has been throughout this pregnancy! He has been so supportive through the blood tests and unknown in the beginning, the morning sickness and fatigue, and now not being able to bend over or do as much as I want. He has made me feel great about my changing body and growing belly, he is so excited about this new little baby and about becoming a daddy again! He is so cute about wanting to touch my baby belly and would just stare at me and excitedly announce that I have belly when it first started to show.
It's a blessing carrying his baby.
I am excited to see how Cohen is with him, but nervous about juggling two!
(In the last month Cohen has learned how to throw some pretty good tantrums and become a "true two year old" in wanting to do what he wants to do right then. I try to avoid going into public when I don't have back up... Just when you think you get use to one stage, they are moving into the next. Some things get easier, but most have just gotten harder lately. I think when he learns to communicate a little better that will help a lot.)
Overall though, I have really enjoyed being pregnant and I love having the opportunity to experience the pure miracle of it all again. I can't believe it's almost over! It's gone really fast and I have so many projects to work on and get done before he arrives!
Belly Pics
23 weeks



4 comments:
You are so beautiful Alicia! And you trully are an inspiration!! Good luck with all of the pregnancy pains!! And Thanks for all of your advice!
Lots of Love
You are such a pretty pregnant gal! I love the pics! Good luck the next little while and with all the pain! I hope you start feeling better soon! Cute pics!
You make a beautiful pregnant woman!
SOOO much fun! Well, not sooo much fun because you are in pain. But it's all for a great cause!!! Wahoo!! I hope that I'll be here when little Green is born. I'm so excited for you to have an addition to your family. Good luck baby!!!
Post a Comment