Dear Cohen,

The picture above wouldn't give you any clue in this, but this has been the month of screams (with good reason because of the following), constipation, diarrhea and one day of vomiting. What a great way to start your 10 month newsletter, huh? At times your daddy and I have joked about how you may be our only child because you are more than enough of a handful for us. And then we go and add another family member! We adopted another dog, who we named Lilly from the animal shelter this month. To my relief, she has been great around you. I was a little worried since she is still a puppy, but besides potty training and her barking problem, adding her to our family has gone well. Before Lilly and before the diarrhea and throwing up you became a world class sleeper!

For almost two straight weeks you slept 10-11 hours straight through the night! I was in heaven and besides the constipation (stemming from your love of cheese, I think, which I had to completely remove from your diet for now... sorry) we were really having a great time! And then you got sick and since then you are waking up once a night again. I have to feed you and rock you for almost an hour every time too! What is this all about? I know you know how to sleep, you gave yourself away already and now I want it back! Most days start before 7 am now too.
Yippy...
True, this month has been hard which all the other months have been too in their own way and generally I try to just look at all of the positive things I want to remember and to share with you. But, I also don't want you to have a false perception of what it was like to raise you, my beautiful boy! I feel like Heavenly Father prepared me for you with the years of trying to conceive and the three miscarriages we had. We had to learn patience and we had to learn how to support and comfort each other in times of emotional breakdown and extreme depression. When I look back on those three years of trial before you were born I think about how much we grew and now I look at how much we continue to grow through being your parents. I am constantly seeing things in myself that I want to better so I can be the role model, mother and friend that you need. I think we learn the most when we feel the most weak because we are humbled and have to turn to others and our Father in Heaven for help.

You finally met your uncle Dustin for the first time! He was really cute with you and he gave a nickname to the way you get around. He called it
The Cohen SHUFFLE. You get part way into the crawling stance and then keep one leg tucked and scoot all over the place. Of course, when you are on carpet it takes you a little longer because you don't slide as well. Your uncle had so much fun with you and he thought you were just adorable! Luckily he is now getting serious help for his drug addictions and will be in California at a rehab for the next year. We plan on visiting him sometime this summer if we dare make the drive out, lets just say driving isn't your favorite thing. (You can barely make it to Salt Lake and back!) I want him to be a positive example for you, he is such an amazing person and he has so much potential that hasn't been used, like other people in our family that have been consumed by addictions. I hope this is the start of his new life! I have learned a lot from the choices he has made, so in some ways I am thankful to him because I have learned what I don't want in my life without having to live it first hand.

There is never a dull moment in being your parent. I am truly grateful for you each and everyday. I remember life before you came to us and now I can't imagine it without you and your sweet baby kisses. You are loved!!!
Love, Mama
1 comment:
He looks like a little boy and not a baby anymore!! They grow up too dang fast don't they!
Post a Comment