Saturday, October 13, 2007

4 Months Old!

Dear Cohen,
Last night, after I had laid you down to sleep, I sat outside and took in the crisp October air and thought about how you are four months old! This same day last year I was celebrating my 23rd birthday and had no clue I was just a few days pregnant with you. I found out later that month on October 25th that I was pregnant. Your daddy and I were quite nervous because we had been pregnant 3 times before you and we had lost those babies which had been very devastating to us. But this year is different and as I turn 24 I am so thankful I am your mommy. Last year I never would have guessed that all my wishing, hoping and praying would bring me such a beautiful little being. In fact, I am pretty sure you are what I wished for as I blew out those 23 candles! You were so worth the wait!

This month your laughter has filled our house and your smile is so contagious, I don't think it could get any bigger! You just barely found your toes which you seem to think is a great discovery! You have found that you can contort your body in new ways and have become more wiggly and hard to hold on to at times, especially when you are slippery and wet in the tub! I am sure you are going to roll over soon and I think you will really enjoy life when you can crawl. You always want to be on the move and I know I will have my work cut out for me when you are mobile. You have enjoyed playing in your jumper, I think you like being able to move on your own. I can tell you are proud of yourself as your bounce around in the door frame. You love to hear your own voice and you talk to yourself a lot when playing in your crib. I have loved watching you as your personality develops!

I made the mistake of not giving you a bottle for more than a month and the other day when I tried to give one to you, I had to fight you for almost an hour to get you to drink it! No one can say you are not strong willed! I hope to get you use to a bottle again because right now I am on a short leash!
Like I have said before, you are growing so quickly, I can't believe it! You are no longer my newborn baby. You are turning into a little boy sooner than I thought possible!

I figure I should probably mention your daddy in one of these letters. I actually told him that these letters are from me to you so they are mostly going to be about us and that he should think about writing his own. Well, he thought about it I am sure, but hasn't done it yet. Your daddy is so excited to teach you new things like snowboarding, how to use his tools to build things and to play sports like soccer. He misses us when he is at work and always puts us first. He is an incredible man that I hope you grow up to be just like. He is supportive and helps me take care of you in every way he can. I love to watch him bath you and he always laughs when you splash and soak him. I know he really enjoys being your dad and he tells me how thankful he is that we have you. I love seeing what a perfect mixture you are of your daddy and I.

Another month of cuddling, playing, eating, sleeping, not sleeping, diapers changes, singing weird songs, making weird faces, and laughing has passed us by and I am so excited you are four months old!
Love,
Mama

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love to lick his bumhole with his legs up like that, rim him so good