Saturday, May 1, 2010

In major need of updating!

My days have been going something like this, depending on the activities and tasks for the day with varying levels of chaos...

I started out the morning with Cohen pulling me out of bed by 7 am asking for "lunch" and cream of wheat. Potty training Cohen has been a task I have been resisting, just not wanting to take it on, but he seems pretty eager now, most of the time, so we are moving forward! His diaper is dry from the night, but he doesn't want to sit on the potty so I bribe him with a trip to the mall tree house if he will go pee pee first thing. (I am not above bribery, in fact I think it is wonderful!) Nursing as well as pumping to feed Ryder cereal then followed. After we all ate our different breakfasts I cleaned the kitchen and all around the house for a bit (and stopped to encourage Cohen to go poop on the potty about 4 different times, but with no success) then hopped in the shower, skipping a much needed shave, again, and threw some most-likely-clean clothes on to grab a fussy Ryder that needed to be nursed again by this time and put down for a nap. Cohen was still reminding me every few minutes that I needed to take him to the tree house, but with Ryder sleeping we would need to wait a bit so I grabbed Lilly, whose smelly face from over active tear ducts (I know...) I could no longer stand and went to give her a bath. Mid-bath Cohen came waddling into the bathroom in his Nemo underwear, mid-poop. I grabbed him to place him on the toilet and I wearing my only pair of clean pants, ended up kneeling in the poop that fell on the floor which Izzy also immediately tries to eat. Lilly is shaking all over and shivering while trying to escape from the tub. After cleaning up Cohen, removing my pants and cloroxing the tile I go back to scrubbing Lilly and trimming the goop out of her hair. I hear Cohen yelling "Help, Mem! I hurt!" so I wrap the wet dog in a towel and go running through the house worried! I find Cohen behind Ryder's closed bedroom door in his crib just wanting to get down. Ryder is crying because he was tired and didn't appreciate being woken up with a loving body slam as Cohen climmed in to be with him. I got Cohen down and got Ryder up and went to find my jeans that have a hole in the crotch and went to get the iron and an iron-on jean patch to fix them. I didn't have time to wait around to do laundry. After all, we had to get to the tree house! I finished getting ready and packed up Ryder and got Cohen dressed and we finally got out of the house by noon, but all I wanted to do by this time was nap...

Four months worth of pictures and more hopefully coming soon! (Just so I can stop thinking about how I need to blog!)

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Why does this sound so familiar......? Oh that's right! I have sooo much sympathy for you right now!! Don't worry, this time will pass. I have NO IDEA WHEN, but I hear that it will. =0)

Ashley Whimpey: The One with the Fairy Dust said...

FINALLY! An update! i'm glad you somehow found the time between the poop and the treehouse. i don't know how you're doing it. it was hard enough potty training cole without another child(or 3 if you count the dogs)! you sound like you are staying on top of it though. might i suggest smarties or tiny candies that aren't too bad for his teeth for going pee pee, and toys from the dollar store (or target's $1 isle) for going poo poo or other special achievements (like going in the morning). then it's an immediate reward so he links it more to what he just did. plus it is WAY easier on you than dragging everyone out to the mall on tough days!!! obviously not every child is the same, but hopefully that helps.
Can't wait to see you guys! Call me when you get back from Moab.