Sunday, October 25, 2009

Ryder's Birth Day

I was woken up at 6:20 am to my phone ringing. It was the hospital calling to tell us to be there by 7 am for our induction. (The night before they told me it would probably be 11 or so before we got in so we weren't quite ready!) We called Scott's sister, Tracy to come and stay with Cohen, who was still asleep and rushed to finish packing our bag and shower, etc. We got to the American Fork hospital just after 7 am. They broke my water after we got settled in the delivery room at about 7:30 and I was dilated to 4 cm. We waited until 9 to see if that kicked my contractions into a steady pattern, but there wasn't much going on so I was put on petocin to get things going. I walked around and Scott helped me through the strong contractions for a couple hours. (He is such an awesome labor coach!) Sometime after 11 I wanted to get the epidural, during which I told the anesthesiologist I loved him, (I am sure that is not the first time he has heard that from a pregnant woman in labor!) I also got giddy after it kicked in and said how wonderful epidurals are at least 5 times in a short time period. They checked me about 11:30 and I was at a 7. I rested for a little bit then started feeling pressure. I told the nurse and she checked and said I was already complete (10 cm)! Soon after Scott looked and saw the baby coming and the nurse said she better hurry and get the doctor! My body was contracting and pushing the baby out, I didn't have to do much more than push a couple times and he was here! Scott cut the umbilical cord and they placed him on my stomach and I held our new baby in my arms for the first time.
Ryder was born at 12:44 pm, weighing 7 pounds 3 ounces and 19 inches long.
After searching and searching name lists and ideas, Ryder was the only name that stuck and seemed to fit this baby and we both loved. We chose Everett for his middle name, which is my great great grandfathers middle name on my mother's side and has special meaning to me.
His labor and delivery was an amazing and enjoyable experience for me, I feel so blessed that everything went so well and it was such an incredible day!




WELCOME TO OUR FAMILY, baby Ryder!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

I can't believe how tiny you are, right before having a baby!! I'm so glad everything went well, congratulations!!

Michelle said...

I am so happy for you Alicia! What a blessing little ones are!

The Avery Family said...

Look how happy Cohen is to see his baby bro! Congratulations you guys! We love you and are so happy for you!

The Chris Tippets Family said...

What a sweet baby! The picture of Cohen is so cute. He looks so happy. We are so happy for you.

Jolynne said...

How cute is he! COngrats!