Thursday, April 16, 2009

4 Month Pregnancy Update


At 4 months I still feel like I did in a lot of ways at 3 months. I am still pretty tired, I haven't really been able to feel the baby move yet and I am really congested and sneeze constantly (30+ times per day)! I think I may be allergic to my baby! I sneezed a lot when I was pregnant with Cohen too, so I think it is funny I have the same weird symptom with this baby. (I don't generally have allergies or anything.)
I am in that chubby looking stage where people just think I need to lay off the donuts... (yum, donuts.... fyi I haven't had a donut in months)! I think I need to make a trip to Crispy Creme before we move!
Anyway, food still is gross smelling and non-appealing most of the time and my stomach is sour a lot. The nausea isn't as bad though, I do think it is improving. In the beginning I lost a few pounds and now I have gained a few back so I am about where I started. I have been able to start cooking again, Scott is very thankful! We were getting tired of eating out!
I don't remember having such strong round ligament pains with Cohen. I don't know if it is because I am picking up a 25+ pound toddler all day, but I have been pretty uncomfortable some days. I feel achy a lot with sharp pains on either side of my uterus, my doctor said all I can really do is rest when possible.
Other than those things, it seems to be going well!
I am so excited and anxious to find out what this baby is! People have asked whether I want a boy or girl and it honestly switches back and forth from day to day! I am glad I don't get to pick the gender because I wouldn't be able to decide!!! I have my guess of what the baby is and I will tell you if I am right when we find out!
Since my ultrasound is in a few week I thought I would see what people's guesses are now! When Scott leaves next week he will be taking everything we need with him and that includes the computer. I don't know when I will have internet going again so my next baby post may be the ultrasound update.
So...
Do you think it is a BOY or a GIRL??? Please comment! I want to see what most people think! :)

(The pic above was taken tonight after a big dinner (I emphasize "big dinner" because of the size of my stomach!) at Brick Oven with Andy and Sarah, Chris and Andrea. Thanks Andy and Sarah for treating us as a going away present! That was so sweet of you guys and we are really going to miss hanging out with our fun little group! We look forward to seeing all four of you this September!)

15 comments:

K. Bitton said...

I'm sorry your still sick! At least it's a comforting feeling. I think you will have a girl! I'm excited to find out:) Travel safe!!

Nicky and Patrick said...

I think it's a girl. Congrats again!

Unknown said...

I want you to have a girl but... I think its a boy.

Michelle said...

I remember the food thing. I could cook it, but I couldn't eat it. I mainly ate fresh fruit and veggies. I think you are going to have a girl!!!

Shawn and Ashlyn said...

I think that it is a boy! I don't know why but to me it feels like a boy! You make such cute boys!

Shawn and Ashlyn said...

I think that it is a boy! I don't know why but to me it feels like a boy! You make such cute boys!

The Avery Family said...

I KNOW it's a girl ;) The needle is as good as any ultrasound. Kidding!

Katie said...

You are such a cute pregnant lady!! And you are by no means Fat!!

adamsfamilynews said...

I am so excited for you. I hear that banana's help alot with the nausea

lynsie said...

Oh, I had all day sickness for 9 months. But, it was worth it. And I got the round ligament pains A LOT. I worked out 5 times a week after the 1st trimester including weightlifting and the docs told me that was why I was having the pains more than usual. (don't worry I always wore a heart rate monitor and thought about my baby guy during my workouts) But I bet you are right about lifting Cohen. I think it is a boy, let me know!

Ashley Whimpey: The One with the Fairy Dust said...

Well, based on the babystrology picture you got going on your main page, I would say it's a boy. Plus, you got our Radebaugh "all children are the same gender in the same family" curse, and it is a curse that is hard to lift. So yes, definitely boy!

mckell said...

I had the same symptoms with both my girls, so I'm going to say you are having a girl! Good luck in Boston:)

Sharon said...

I think a boy!

Cori Carpenter said...

I am so excited for you guys!! I would have to guess it was a boy, but I think it would be awesome if you had a girl....I love having one of each!! Have you thought of any names? I am sad you guys are headed to Boston and won't be able to come to the reunion, but I guess it's okay, because we actually can't go to the reunion either! Keep us updated on baby!!

Ashley Willoughby said...

You are so darling. I just showed Casey your pic and he said "I thought she was pregnant." Ha ha.

My pains were worse with #2 too.

I think it is a GIRL!