Thursday, November 1, 2007

Lost in thought...

I got on to the computer to post Halloween pictures and before I came to my blog I stopped by all of my friends and family blogs to see if there were any new posts...
Right now I am consumed in sadness for my sweet friend Kayci and her family. They lost their baby boy to still-birth last Thursday on the 25th. She was induced and had him later that night. He weighed 6 and a half pounds and was 21.5 inches long. They wrote about how beautiful he was and how they look forward to seeing him again... Here is a comment they posted...
"We're excited to see what his personality and spirit will be like in the next life though. The resurrection will be so much sweeter now..."
They had a service for him on Monday afternoon.
Please pray for strength and comfort for Kayci, her husband Jeff and their little girl Grace. It breaks my heart to think of the loss they just suffered and I am aware of the extreme pain multiple miscarriage can bring, let alone still-birth.
Immediately after reading their blog I went in and placed my hand on my sleeping babies chest to check on our little miracle. I am shaken up and the tears keep coming because sometimes our losses seem so distant from where we are now that they seem like they never happened. But when people we care about experience it, it brings back the realization that nothing is guaranteed, especially tomorrow... It reminds me that I was once in a deep dark place full of grief from what we had lost. No one should have to experience the loss of a baby during pregnancy or after...
Hug your loved ones extra close and kiss them a few more times today...

1 comment:

tracyjax said...

That is sooo sad. It's kind of ironic that in the post previous, she was just worried that the baby would be ugly...she had no idea that he wouldn't make it to the end of the term! What a hard time! I remember when my friends lost their baby when she was like 3 days old. It was REALLY TOUGH but they did it and have two more kids now! These things happen to make us stronger.