You are turning 1 in just a few days and I am baffled with how quickly this year has gone by! You are a blessing beyond words. I often describe you as my "joy baby" because you light up my entire existence (and others as well). You balance out our family with your sweet spirit and grinning face. I am so in love with you and am so thankful you came to me when you did. You keep me sane. I will have a hard time ever letting you go, just so you know. It's true that once you have more than one child you don't get as many pictures or documentation of their life as you would like so I hope I can remember some of the milestones now to record them for forever. Maybe we should go backwards since what you have done this week is easiest to think of.
We have been vacationing in California and have visited the beach as much as possible (your daddy is a beach bum who would live in the water if he could) where each time you also eat as much sand as possible and it shows in your diapers. You speed crawl everywhere and have been doing this since a little bit after you turned 9 months. You love holding our hands to walk and you cruise along anything you can. I can tell you are very anxious to learn to keep up with your big brother.
You and Cohen love to wrestle already and you both giggle and laugh as you roll around on the floor together! (Your big brother is toughening you up!) I love that you and Cohen have grown to love spending time with each other as you play. Sharing is an issue for Cohen, but I see light at the end of the tunnel. 
You have just two bottom teeth that came in about 10 months and two top teeth that have been threatening to come in for weeks! You are growing out of liking any baby food so hopefully you will get more teeth soon to help you chew all the big boy food you want! You completely weaned yourself from nursing before 11 months so you are now happy to take a warm bottle. I felt sad at first, it was bitter-sweet, but am enjoying a little more freedom now to have time to myself occasionally and sometimes even a date night for your daddy and I! About that same time your separation anxiety kicked in, in high gear! You follow me around the house and cry at my feet or throw your body at me if you are not in my arms. Sometimes I feel quite claustrophobic, where in I remind myself that the bond between you and I right now where you still depend on me for all your physical and emotional needs is priceless and beyond rewarding!XOXO,
Mommy



3 comments:
how could he not say Tracy?? haha that baby is so cute! miss him!
This is such a cute post! I love it.
love his legs up like that, I want to unsnap his onesie, take his nappy off and sexuallytouch him
Post a Comment