
Ryder had a temp of 102 (along with a few other symptoms) late one night, when I called the on call nurse to ask how much Tylenol to give him she told us to take him to the emergency room since he was less than 2 months old. They did a urine sample, suctioned his nose, ran fluids through an IV, took blood and did an X Ray. They also wanted to do a spinal tap, but I told them I didn't want to unless we needed to after all the other tests. He was such a brave little guy and hardly cried! We were there most of the night and everything was coming back clear. They had given him Tylenol and his fever was coming down so they ended up sending us home! They were overly cautious since he was so little and it was a nerve racking night, but I was thankful everything was just fine and the little unknown virus was gone within a day or two!
Hopefully we don't have to visit the ER again anytime soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment